24.2.10

87. What a 15/20 means to me...

So three weeks ago, I had a week of Bac Blancs, which is the French equivalent of midterms, but so not at the same time. This week, it's the week of "getting marks back". If there are two things I love, it's tests & getting marks back. Whoopee!! (sarcasm-free)

Yesterday, I got my math midterm back & (drumroll please)...I got 15/20!!! That's for sure in the top 3 marks in the class. Go me!! Especially because I always feel like I'm digging my way out of a "sh*t pit", as i refer to it in my head. That means that I was the underdog; I started off really lost & really with a completely different knowledge that their knowledge such that everyone had really low expectations of me...

ANYWAY, in honour of my success, I've decided to come up with an equivalence chart between American marks and French marks so that you may properly grasp the significance of my 15/20.

FRENCH MARK = AMERICAN MARK = GENERAL REACTION
6 & under = 49% & under = you failed so badly that you might as well think that it never happened; you laugh cause it's a joke; once in a lifetime
7-9 = 50-59% = Ouch, you bombed. Should've studied.
10 = 60-69% = The glass is half full: at least you didn't fail...
11 = 70-74% = Living on the edge, eh? Try harder.
12 = 75-80% = meh... Room for improvement.
13 = 80-85% = Good work. Keep it up.
14 = 86-90% = Great job! Fantastic!
15 = 91-95% = Holy cow! My word! Incredible!
16 = 96-97% = Congratulations! Excellent!
17 = 98-99% = You're kidding, right?
18 = 100% = AMAZING!!! This calls for a mini-celebration.
19 = 101% = speechless. This calls for HUGE celebration.
20 = 110% = pretty much unheard of.

So there you go; I got a "Holy cow! My word! Incredible!" & btw, I was only 0.5/40 from getting 16/20 so BAM!!

& just for reference, my class average was 10.44 last term, which was supposed to be the easiest term...

[bt]

No comments:

Post a Comment