10.5.10

111. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

so this past WE was rather eventful. here are the highlights:
Friday night, called my family at 11 & spoke to them until 3 in the morn. a lot of laughs & a lot of tears later, i finally decided to sleep. woke up non very surprisingly with incredibly puffy eyes. i looked like a frog...or my brother, lol.

Saturday was my FIRST ped day of the year, believe it or not & technically, it wasn't even a ped day but a holiday. & i landed on a saturday, when i only have half a day of school. but it was great anyway cause i got to sleep in. :) in the afternoon, i went horseback riding with my host sis & mom. it should be made into a comedy because the videos they took of me trying to hop up & down to the rhythm of the horse's trotting is just um, plain out hilarious. i look like a fool. lol!

we ate raclette for dinner then watched Gossip Girl with both my host sisters with only THE BEST apple crumble i've EVER tasted. seriously, for one, i absolutely HATE crumble, of any sort. i can tolerate the one i make but it's bof. this one, that my host mom made, was even one of the best desserts i've tasted in my life!! 9.5/10. afterwards, i finished my host mom's bday card. at midnight, i called my family again, then a good friend i hadn't spoke to since i before i left for 3h, then my best friend for 1h30, until i fell asleep, around 4:30 in the morn. slept like a baby. & no tears that night.

oddly enough, sunday was my mom Mom's Mother's day & my host Mom's bday. so i woke up, took my petit déj & then we had apéro. in other words, champagne. we also at a lot of snacks. for lunch, we had roast beef, which was delicious & after lunch, I went to Ari's house to help her with English & then we worked on French together. as usual, it takes me half an hour to do the ten minute walk because i take pictures of everything. you may recognize some of the same gates...


Got back home & had apéro again & opened presents: a HUGE (1.5m x 3m) picture from IKEA, candy, an ABBA CD that we put on right away, a novel & two weeks ago, we gave her tickets to an ABBA theatre production. i also gave her this card:

she's really happy.

Dinner was pasta with andouillette (8/10), which is delicious because it basically a sausage stuffed with tripe. My mom & grandpa would TOTALLY LOVE it.

[bt]

2 comments: