12.4.10

99. "The End"

' "The End" is a tricky bugger, but if you wanted, you could define the beginning of the end as the point when the protagonist has to see that her actions mean something, and that if they don't work out right, she is well and truly fucked.'
-Julie Powell, Julie & Julia


I very much appreciate this definition of "The End" as it applies to me in many ways. I can relate, is what I mean, besides the fact that Powell's just a riot (one should really read the novel by one's lonesome for the sake of saving oneself of embarassment id est laughing hysterically in public).

In any case. I'll have you note that this is my final two-digit post (scroll up, if you must), which isn't really an "End" per se, but it kind of is. The other, more relevant "End" is OBVIOUSLY the fact that I've got like what? about 90 days left? & of course, the EVEN MORE relevant "End" would be the fact that I'm freaked out about the BAC cause now it actually MATTERS if I get it or not, you know, since I'm like now "Accepted", ooo lala...

[bt]

p.s. PLUS, this is totally an "Oprah-full-circle moment"; c.f. post 30, posted 22 days prior to departure

No comments:

Post a Comment