13.4.10

100.

So deep breath, as we plunge into the next (oooo, i want to say "century" but it's clearly not the right term. there's no word that means hundred? we've got pairs, triples, reams, grosses...but...?!) hundred.

Today, I feel good cause it's one of those days where I actually feel like I ACCOMPLISHED something. It's true that life ACCELERATES, like nothing else & so it's not the speed of time but rather the speed at which speed speeds up that's frightening, which is why it would be a comfort to know that you didn't just sit through it, no?

So I finished my DM in histoire/géo (a true nightmare), had my last tutoring session with um, my French tutor & walked the dog by myself for the first time. I KNOW, if THAT's a productive day, then...well, what could be LESS productive, you may wonder. But in fact, those are rather productive events. Anything that requires effort, well, then it's productive. I'd like to say that it's all for the BAC BUT! of course I know that's it's all for my own sake blah blah blah... Plus, it's all relative, right? (says my friend Einshhhhhhtein)

So btw, I'm done with Powell & onto a certain renowned & Canadian Robertson Davies. It's a classic & not a bad read but let's just say that the level of humor (& profanity) has dropped down down down...into some dark & endless depths. It's the two extremes, pretty much. Honestly, you're just like oh...shit...:S It's like drinking dollar-store orange juice 10-times diluted after having SAVOURED a cool glass of pulpy Tropicana. It's reading about the depressive life a of a man with a lot of childhood guilt in a cold, grey 1908 southern-Ontario & in old British English prose, as opposed to a colourful, dynamic NYC in 2002 (100-year difference much?) written in"modern" blog language that I can actually understand (I wonder why...) & bonus! it's about food.
But I'm sure I'll take away SOMETHING from this read...So far, a kid's thrown a snowball & it hit a pregnant woman's head.

& you know what's good about surfing Facebook without HAVING Facebook? It allows you to "indulge" without overindulging. I just KNOW how dangerous it would be if I had my own account so I refuse as many of my friends continue to urge me on. No! I say. NO!!! I SHALL RESIST!!
But anyway, what I meant to say is that it's REALLY very interesting to see how many people have not changed over the course of 8 months, which is cool. But (obviously) even better, is having access to pictures of people who HAVE changed. I mean, isn't that kind of the whole point of Facebook? (don't lie, we both know it's not to "stay in touch"; there's no shame in being curious)

xoxo (Gossip Girl, lol)

[bt]

1 comment:

  1. lmao XD so true, everyone facebook stalks :P
    -clem

    ReplyDelete