24.10.09

52. des bleuets?!

i have to make things quick so i'm opting for pointform, which i've gotten used to with all the note-taking they do here...

-you'd think that with all the notority that french cuisine has, the french would know blueberries...nope. not a single person knows what blueberries are. gosh, they're missing out. my philo teacher was talking about how nature makes inedible stuff blue so that they're unappetizing so i quietly objected in my corner & no one around me knew what bleuets were! so i did some research...blueberry = airelle or myrtille or bleuet but airelle = cranberry (while cranberry = canneberge) & myrtille = bilberry (british) or blueberry (american). bleuet is a canadian term & in france, means cornflower. there's your culture for the day. no one believes me that a blue fruit exists...

-i received my first package today!!! *sniff* i cried, of course i cried. i saw my mom's handwriting :( & that makes me cry. so i'm keeping the packaging forever so if the cleaning lady throws it out (which she does sometimes so it's not nice...probably cause i get attached to a lot of random garbage) i'll be sooo P-Oed, you've no clue. ahhh, just the thought of it. anyway, i got my favourite things: a nail clipper, mechanical pencils w/ a bonus sharpie, replacement parts for my suitcase handle that popped off (or my suitcase was too heavy?) & SURPRISE! an anklet from my sister cause i lost the first one...*cry*

-so the dog over here chewed up my expensive folder/case. i don't mind cause that's what dogs do but i've gotta say, i don't really like my pets here. the cats hiss, don't like being held but ALWAYS sleep on my bed & won't leave me alone, they pee on my bathroom floor & the dog has too much energy. she can't stop pouncing on you & licking your face...

-today is officially the first day of les vacances Toussaint...FINALLY (12 days off)

-i want to sleep soo bad cause i stayed up til 2 in the morn last night to type up a lab report. but i can't sleep cause then my host family will know i stayed up too late & won't let me do it again, which is bad for school. it's tough to restrain, you know. i can't do all the disgusting things you're supposed to do it front of family i.e.burp, fart, scratch, etc.

-i may have already mentioned this but i had this horrid recurring nightmare where i'm back home & can't understand why i don't remember anything except the whatever i've lived so far except that in the dream it's been the whole year. it feels like amnesia or something. it's scary cause it's those real vivid nightmares when you're super conscious so you're aware of your real life situation (like that it's only been a few weeks in france) but so scared. even when i wake i don't know where i am. anyway, i haven't had the dream in a while, but other ones so it's fine. i love dreams. :) weird cause there's one person that keeps coming up in my dreams...

-i love my ipod. it's my sweetest companion in france cause it automatically brings me back home but i think it's getting sick already. now where's that warranty??? just kidding. knowing me, i would never switch as i'm too attached already even if i only see it in its case. a new one wouldn't be the same. & the earphones broke so i had to fix it with superglue & glued my fingers together...pro :D

good day

love,

[bt]

No comments:

Post a Comment