8.8.09

28. if it kills me <3

so today's fund-raiser went fairly well. i mean, it could've turned out WAY more successful but then again, i can't complain. i'm $300 closer to my $5000!!! (see fund-raising-o-meter at right)

it's crazy how ppl just expect to haggle at a garage sale so, lesson of the day: set the price at 1.5 times what you actually want to sell it for. gosh, laugh if you want but i sold an 18-speed-almost-perfect-condition bike for $25 today! what can i say? i guess i'm just a really BIG pushover when it comes to asking ppl for money. even after all that fund-raising experience, i still can't do it properly! i have the tendency to feel bad about making ppl give me money. i do that a lot. i constantly put myself in other ppl's positions (in my mind) & end up not realizing how it may be detrimental to myself (for lack of a better word). in this case, that would be not raising nearly as much as could have.

but then i thought about it & i realized that it (empathy?) might be a quality & a fault in one. i think...

a friend came to help out today for the garage sale who actually went to peru for 3 weeks recently on an exchange trip, similar to the one that i'll be going on. he showed me 668 pictures that make me sooooooooo excited!!!! *breeeeeeeeath* he's sounding like an afser too! :P

if it kills me,

<3

[bt]

p.s. what's it called when your heart is going WAY past excitement??? (airport! paris tour! other afsers!!! family! house! own room! schoooooooooool!!! wooooooot!)

p.p.s. i'm so excited+++ to upload music onto my mp3!!!! (which i haven't received yet (it's supposed to be a gift) but i think it's coming :P)

p.p.p.s i asked for a $250 donation from a local Grocery Store...fingers crossed! fingers crossed! fingers crossed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment