11.7.09

13. Lucky Number 13

Wow. You see that title up there? It's so fitting, I just just came up with it. :D (I'm proud)

Here's why:

At first, my appointment with the French Consulate to hand in my visa application was set for August 13. Boo hoo.

A few days later, luck stroke & I found an appointment for August 12. Woot, but still not satisfied. However, it did give me optimism & assurance that somewhere out there, someone was going to cancel a slot in July for me. :D Come on, big money!

(JSYK, i did have a dream about landing an appointment on the 11th, today, two nights ago!)

About an hour ago, IT HAPPENED. I was in the basement getting a big black garbage bag in getting ready to cut my sister's hair. (yeah, that's right! we pay $0 for our faaaabulous hair cuts :P) Passing the office, and being the late & delaying bug that I am, I decided to make a quick stop at the computer. Just for the sake of it, cause I'm also a very optimistic bug. :) And sure enough, when I entered my sign-in information, only ONE date & ONE time appeared: July 13.

"My heart made a pause. Really? Could it be true? Was it the one? July...right? Hurry, click the pencil, you fool! Click the pencil! (that's what you have to do to confirm the slot) Now click confirm! Ok, done. Really? For sure? Double check...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"(that's me screaming joyfully in the realization that yes, the appointment was actually mine...i'll assure you that it's not a very attractive scream...but it's funny. you have to be there :P)

And as my mom would say: "And that was it."

:D (very smiley on the inside, my grin could never stretch as wide)

<3

[bt]

p.s. And I wouldn't be surprised if this was the thirteenth time I checked that website...;)

p.p.s. And how is it not the thirteenth today? Well, actually, cause it's G & G's 75th b-day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment