30.6.09

7. Pariiiiis, here I come!

Some suuuuperbly exciting news today on the AFS front:

My mom just received my plane ticket, along with my luggage tag & travel itinerary. Woot!! It's one of those things that make my upcoming adventure oh so real. Baby! Basically, I'm leaving mid-day, at 1:30ish. From there, I go for a transfer departing at 7:00ish p.m. Then, I arrive in Paris, around 7:00 in the morn. Sooo exciting, non?

Secondly, I`m gonna continue filling out my visa application, which hasn't been completed cause I'm still waiting for more information about my vie française. It`s such a long process but I have a huge passion for filling out forms so three yips for me! Yip! Yip! Yip! And there is a huge list, and I mean HUGE of things/stuff I have to get to prove my identity and such. It's great! It's like a treasure/scavenger hunt! This is soo my thing!

Lastly, I'm guilty for being on the computer right now. As important as my [bt]log is, I should really be slaving in the kitchen right now to make a cake for a special b-day boy, which my mom is purchasing from me in order to up the "$" on my fundraising-o-meter. (see right) Ohhhh yeahhhh... (deep voice)

See, my mom recently met this lady who's story touched her. The woman is a stay-at-home mother with four sons that all have some disability or another. Tomorrow is one of her sons' birthday so we're inviting all the boys over and having a PAR-TAY!!! (even though we've never met any of them :P) Woot! The boy's never had a b-day party before cause he's never been, well, socially accepted enough, you could say...He's got autism.

I love my mom for that. The second she sees she can help someone who's spirit is in need of lifting, she goes right for it. I love that our family is so open to making those gestures. It's so IBO & it's soooo AFS. :D

G'day, maties! Arrr! (that's an Aussie pirate speaking...)

(oh, do I make myself laugh or what?)

And always w/ <3,

[bt]

1 comment: