27.6.09

4. Fast-forward!


Life.

In it, usually we learn slowly, from little mistakes & mishaps here & there. Last night/two nights ago, my learning experience/growth was way-past-the-speed-limit fast, it made me feel like a child.

It was Prom night & I'm left a little speechless.

Due to my lack of exposure to such...delinquent behaviour, shall we say, I was a little taken aback about all the heavy drinking (at least I think what I saw was considered heavy...I've got no reference) but then again, it's not like I wasn't expecting it. I knew people were going to drink. But, I guess reality didn't turn out the way I imagined it would. It just put me off a tad that I had to see some of my friends (possibly for the last time in a year) in such not-so-themselves states.

On a positive note, the overwhelming majority of people who got drunk/wasted/hammered/smashed/trashed (the reigning vernacular of the night...) allowed for pleasant bonding moments between myself & the remaining minority of sober individuals. But, all in all, it was a night to remember.

Now is currently the following night & I feel like I just just pulled an all-nighter when it was actually twelve hours ago. *sigh* What sleep deprivation does to you... Now I just have to worry about the AFS garage sale on Sunday. So dead for that. I've got to go to the friend's house today/tomorrow, which is where we're holding the event, to help her clean & sort. We should make posters too. Should be fun except...it's supposed to rain Sunday. I don't know if postponing is an option...

Wow, it's late. I feel nocturnal, like an owl. (Owl City reference there. :P)

Nighty-night. <3

[bt]

p.s. I realize I always write my posts after midnight (EARLY morning), so "yesterday", "today" & "tomorrow" are tedious terms to use...ugh.

p.p.s. My host mother still hasn't responded to my e-mail yet. It's making me nervous...

No comments:

Post a Comment