9.12.09

69. Aglow

things are beginning to gently illuminate around me...

this morning, i slept in until 12:15
this afternoon, a captivating aroma of sweet christmas cakes (touch of lemon zest, i'm sure) rose up to my room & made me think of christmas; not the nostalgic feeling, but the warm, wraps you in it's arms feeling...inhale deeply & exhale slowly...close your eyes...

two days ago, i tasted perfection. i like food, yes but rarely does something leave me speechless to the point where i'm speechless. i'm not a great fan of crazy flavours mixed together (ex. "flavour-packed" sausages, quiches, etc.) i don't hate them but let's just say that i've yet to find anything that makes me recommend it. au contraire, i love simple blobs of food of a single nature & a few blobs together, that go together, is my heaven. (i'm sure there exists more technical terms for what i'm trying to explain)

anyway, i had duck thigh (love; protein, fat, flavour), chestnuts sautéed in duck fat (love; nuttyness, flavour vehicle, texture) & carmelized apples (love!; sugar, acidity, texture). PERFECTION. officially my favourite flavour combination. odd, because it's practically starchless...

for my eighteenth birthday, i went to paris with my family. we walked went to see a musical comedy about teenagers then we walked around the city of lights for about 2h to take in all the illuminations then we ate at a nice italian restaurant (spaghetti bolognese, if you were wondering). i got 18 MACARONS!!!, a hip hop dance lesson, a chocolate massage & a gold bracelet! it was definitely a memorable night.

also, my family back home decided to eat cake on my behalf as well...(millefeuilles, it seems, which i detest cause i've only had synthetic versions)


it was a nice relaxing week cause either a teacher was absent or i didn't have exams or field trip...basically, the older you get, the more irregular life gets, which in a way is good cause it favours spontaneity :)

lastly, my average for the term is above the class average!!! hehe.
headline: [BT] TAKES FRANCE BY STORM!! (lol, only kidding, but can you imagine? too funny...)

[bt]

2 comments:

  1. BOU! Go see my blog. I'm using pictures now and I'm so proud of my first two (candle and icicles).

    It's bland for now but it will get prettier in time :)

    I miss you like crazy even mor than words can say,
    I miss you like crazy, every minute of every day,
    Girl, I'm so down, when your love's not around,
    I miss you, miss you, miss you,
    I miss you like crazy.

    (the Moffats...except for the "girl" part is a little weird to say, lol. Can't leave it out though!)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely writing in the first paragraphs!
    and wow, that sounds like quite the meal


    had that chocolate massage yet? haha

    -sarah

    ReplyDelete