2.12.09

65. I Came. I Saw. I Ate.

these little monsters are called macarons & they're half the reason i came to france. a few years back & discovered David Lebovitz's blog & thus, discovered french food. a few years ago, he wrote a post about chocolate macarons & how they're completely different from macaroons (the coconut globs). he talked about their feet & how hard they are to make. later, he wrote another post about Pierre Hermé's macarons & how he couldn't eat them, which made me want to eat them even more. ANYWAY, even if these four (of which only three are left in the picture) costed me 4£, well, art like this for me has not price. so i bought them & savoured them one by one, even though, i'm not even sure how they're supposed to taste or feel. in any case, i can't really explain how they are cause they leave me speechless. all i know is that i completely understand why Mr. Lebovitz couldn't eat his.

mini crêpes.

it's better than it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment