4.12.09

65. 18yrs-3h...sh*t

you know what i just realized right now? today was the last day of what is legally considered my childhood. that's about the worst news i've ever received. can someone please assure me that numbers don't matter?

well, techinically speaking (cause i am a math girl, after all) i've got 8h to go since you know, time change...woot?

but hey, look on the bright side, right? 18+ movies, voting rights, driving...woot?
but who am i kidding? no one follows movie ratings, i have minimal interest in politics & i don't even have my learner's permit yet so um, where's the bright side again?

oh great, & now here comes Nostagia...

so what's the big deal about birthdays anyway? obvious nowadays, it's more commercial than anything else but originally? perhaps with the extreme death rate in the olden days it was more of a "WOOOOT!! you survived yet another year!!!", or something along those lines.

i'm not ecstatic, but i'm happy that it's my birthday tomorrow. i guess i'm just not sure how to face it. optimally, i would treat it as an ordinary day but at the same time, optimally, i would treat it as a special day. anyway, what i mean to say is that knowing that tomorrow is my birthday makes me overthink & overwonder just how it will play out. but i love a good mystery.

heck, what am i blabbing about? it's not like i'm even 18..yet...

happy birthday to me,
happy birthday to me!
happy birthday to ME-EE!!
happy birthday to me...
*blows candle*

[bt]

1 comment:

  1. BERNICE!
    I DON'T KNOW HOW TO REACH YOU TO TELL YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW! (or, well, today..)
    i know this is retarded, but ~IF YOU CAN~, please call me tomorrow so that i may sing to you! haha:)

    i miss you SO MUCH
    and i cannot believe you're eighteen! that's just insane! holy mother.

    so, i wish you a really great first day of being a legal adult (yay!) and i cannot wait till you get home so that we may party together!

    (pleaseeeeeee call me if you can! i'll be so happy to hear from you, and i hope you'd feel the same about me! happy birthday again! love you!)

    -sarah

    ReplyDelete