6.11.09

55. Bébé Arrivé!

today, a baby is born
tomorrow, we're driving 5h to go and see the little wrinkle of a thing
the day after, we're driving back so that
the day after that, i can go back to school

may i repeat once more that weekends here are too short?

anyway...quoi de neuf?

yesterday was the first day back to school after the holidays, which i'm glad of cause i feel like i'm always at my desk, cooped up in my room working, which isn't totally true cause i did spent a day sur Paris & i spent a few days in Lorraine. but i guess what i mean is that anytime i'm home, i'm at my desk. because i like my desk; it's my very first & it makes me feel organized but truth be told, i probably spend more time organizing than working...

i really enjoy science & i'm grateful that my host family chose to put me in section S. since i'm in maths spécialité, i get super hours of math. plus i love chem, & physics & biology & philo & gym, in which we're doing badminton. we do a continuous tournament on seven courts & it's the "loser goes down, winner goes up" deal & there are seven courts & i'm very proud to say that i'm the first girl to make it to court 2. :D usually, i dwadle between 4 and 3 cause i'm really really really uncomfortable about beating guys. i just can't stand the look on the faces when they've realized they've been beaten by a girl & they have to take a walk of shame down the ladder. however, since it was the last class before the évaluation, i decided to m'impliquer & you know what? it feel freaking great to win against boys. :P

so yeah...oh & because of the holidays, i don't have dance, which sucks & next week, wednesday lands on nov. 11 (veteran holiday = jour férié) so the building will probably be closed too but my dance teacher is trying to make it happen; (please please please please please!!!!!) so as well, next wednesday, i don't have school. yippeeeeee, since wednesdays are 4h-evaluation days. (boooooooooo!!!)

ALSO, next thursday, i get physics in the morn (yippeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!) then at noon, we're leaving to go on a field trip to see various foeti (lol, foetuses?) floating in fermaldahyde or whatever other liquid? aqueous? chemical preservative there is out there. they're going to be nasty, bald, wrinkly, eyeballs buldging behind not-fully-developed eyelids, light pink, transparent & curled up like little aliens (for the vertebrates, at least). they gross me out but i'm soo excited!!

& voilà!

bisoussss

[bt]

3 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog for a while now and I love it. It gives me an honest idea of what to expect next year whilst I'm in France, and is also highly entertaining. Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip sounds sooo fun!
    I'm so jealoussss :(
    i wish i could say that about my classes :P

    miss you :)
    -Clem <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. court 2? i'm so jealous :) I never made it out of court 7. It must be a Canadian thing.

    And, um, have fun on your field trip (not sure if "fun" is the word to use here, but you know what i mean).

    i liked your first 4 lines. very poetic.

    ReplyDelete