21.9.09

42. Epiphany

during a treasure hunt this weekend.

this weekend, i went up even more north to a little rural town of 120 ppl. it was an afs weekend at the lady who matches families with participants' house. it was absolutely amazing because it reminded me why i was here.

ever since school started, i got sucked into school life & forgot to enjoy everything. i a little upset at myself & i know how much i would regret it if my year finished & all i could take from it was school. so that's what that nightmare was about...(i don't know if i mentioned my reccuring nightmare where my year finished & i can't remember anything except the two weeks so far; it's a "where did my year go?" nightmare)

i want to take my dog out for a walk, explore the town. honestly, i don't know the place i live. i want to go grocery shopping with my host mom & bake chocolate chip cookies for my family. i want to take dance lessons & go see the sheep at the nearby farm. instead, i come home every night to study, study, study & honestly, i get nowhere. it almost disgusts me thinking about wasting my opportunity.

however, i can't say that i wouldn't be extremely proud if i got my french bac. i know i can by i will be near death, i promise. not only do i have to go through this gruely programme, i have to past the first part of the bac that everyone else passed last year. that means another course added to my already plentiful timetable. yeah right. maybe i'll just wing it? i don't know if they'll let me.

anyway, the fact that i'm on the computer right now & not doing my commentaire for philo is a step forward...i guess.

a few last things:
-when we do climbing in gym class, apparently "it will be harder this year" so we have to hold our own weight...what!? uh oh...wtv that means :S
-kids here are taught so old fashioned that they don't know how to use basic computer programs (word, excel, etc.)...aye...
-i love the girls that i get together with for afs. there are 2 italians, 1 costa rican & 1 chinese. we all get along & we're going to paris to get our hair cut. we're also going to paris for my birthday with afs. woot!
-first test back: it was math & i got 8,25/20. i've never been so satisfied to fail.

love

[bt]

p.s. i've got sooooooooooooooooooooo many pictures i might get fb...what do you think? not really for pictures of not me, eh?

4 comments:

  1. 1) That picture is beautiful and so is the one above. Keep them coming! I like :)
    2) I'm excited to see your haircut!!
    3) NO FACEBOOK!!!!! I REPEAT!!! NO FACEBOOK!!!

    <3 i wuv you! :P

    h.i.l.l.<33

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES GET FACEBOOK!
    :D:D:D:D:D

    lmao don't worry :P i've been failing calculus :) i wanna see your new haircut AND more picturesss!

    -Clem

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, not sure yet about facebook but for sure i'll post more pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. getttt facebookkkkkkkkkk :)
    -tessa

    ReplyDelete