17.8.09

32. I Want My Money Back! (She Wants Her Money Back)


3 mornings ago, a lady showed up at our door w/ a popcorn machine.

she wanted her money back.

W. T. **.

we sold it to her CHEAP ($10 package deal w/ books & shenanigans) at our garage sale & she drove ALL the way back (she said she lived far away & it was her THIRD time ringing our bell) expecting to be refunded for a non-functional apparatus & refused to leave until we gave her $8. um..no. just NO.

i felt bad that the thing didn't work, but isn't that part of the gamble of buying something at a garage sale? it was given to us as a present & we sold it to her in the box, never opened. like really, is it normal to bother people at their home at 9 in the morning demanding a refund???

here's what she said to my mom:

"Aye cannot belief you won't-e gif me my monet back-e. Oh my...oh...my... *big gasp* You...you should be ashamed of yourself! I can't belief it. You are a bad lady-e. A bad, bad lady-e. I hope you haf very bad luck-e."

& that was the end of it. she left w/ $2 cause my mom wanted to be nice & give her gas money...

i've got second thoughts about garage sales now.

peace,

[bt]

No comments:

Post a Comment