14.7.09

16. Fold-walk-fold-walk-fold-walk-fold

When I look back on July 14th of 2009, that's what I think.

I'm actually at work right now but work is over. I'll admit it was a productive day but I can't feel my fingertips & I think I rubbed off my fingerprints, if that's possible. My job today was to fold 1800 pamphlets for some restaurant. Please note that it's two folds per page. I had help but still, it takes a heck of a long time...

(about the fingertips: I had already folded 600 of those things yesterday PLUS last night, I spent a while trying to learn playing a guitar with all metal strings. I can play the intro of ONE song & like three chords. trust me, my fingertips aren't nearly as callused as they could be. therefore, they hurt.)

The other reason I came to work today was so that I could go back to the Consulate to hand in the stuff I forgot/didn't have yesterday. Upon arrival, Scoffy Entrance Guy (SEG) told me that I was to be back in three hours to pick up my passport. Those of you who've been following my [bt]log know who I'm talking about. :P

"Reviens en trois heures."

At noon, which was three hours later, I went back to face a locked door and an intercom voice saying, "On n'a pas dit en trois heurs mais à trois heures."

Oh.

And in my disappointment, I walked back to do more folding.

So at 2:45ish, I left yet AGAIN. Honestly, I don't want to complain. The walk is nice but it's tiring to do it so many times in one day. Plus it was raining & freezing. Anyway, this time, I was presented with my passport by Mr.Scoff a.k.a. SEG who showed me my passport picture. I was like, "Yeah, I realize that's me." But then wait...

He flipped the pages to another picture.

(me = confused :S)

"Et voilà madame. Bon voyage."

Really?
OMG.
Yes!

Oh..so that's why I had to miss Pavillion Wong...;)

<3

[bt]

p.s. I got my visa!

No comments:

Post a Comment